Who we are
The company responsible for the processing of your personal information is Deer Central registered to Hendford Manor, 33 Hendford, Yeovil BA20 1UN . This means that we are a ‘data controller’ under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Our ICO registration number is ZA838949
Our website address is: https://deercentral.co.uk.
About this document
This Privacy Notice will help you understand how we collect, use and protect your personal information. If you have any queries about this Privacy Notice or how we process your personal information, please contact the Data Protection Officer by email: email@example.com or by post: Deer Central, FAO Data Protection Officer, Hendford Manor, 33 Hendford, Yeovil BA20 1UN
How we collect information about you
- when you purchase our products or services.
- when you register to receive information from us.
- each time you interact with us, through our website, respond to communications or surveys, or enter competitions or comment on our social media or website.
- when you make enquiries or raise concerns with us.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website or our social media, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Contact forms, Application Forms, Payment and Invoicing details
The personal data you have provided, we have collected from you. This may include,
- name, address and address history, date of birth and gender.
- contact details including telephone numbers and email address.
- financial information including bank details and credit/debit card details (although we do not retain complete payment card information).
- identifiers assigned to your computer or other devices including your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- FAC details, criminal convictions and where relevent and necassary to our service to you, health details and medical history.
- attendance of events and training courses.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Third party service providers such as Mailchimp and Review platforms such as Trustpilot will also store cookies on your browser.
Embedded content from other websites and our Social Media presence.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Your interaction and communication with us through our Social Media presence on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
See paragraph below
What we use your information for and the legal bases for processing
We may store and use your personal information for the purposes of:
- using your payment, billing and shipping details to process payments relating to products and services purchased including refunds (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
- communicating with you about your products or services purchased including responding to your enquiries directly (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
- undertaking market research and statistical analysis including analysing your use of our website. This allows us to develop new, or improve existing, products and services (as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
- fulfilling our obligations owed to a relevant regulator, tax authority or revenue service (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests).
Our legitimate interests as referred to above include our legitimate business purposes and commercial interests in operating our business in a customer-focused, efficient and sustainable manner, in accordance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Who we share your data with
Where relevant given the nature of the products and services provided to you, we may also share your information with the following categories of third parties:
- third party service providers who support the operation of our business, such as IT and financial service providers, Marketing, Postal and Courier services, Product manufacturers for drop shipping of specific orders, our GDPR compliant trainers and relevent assessment centers and awarding bodies (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or as is necessary for our legitimate interests);
- regulators and law enforcement agencies, including the police, the Financial Conduct Authority, HM Revenue and Customs or any other relevant authority who may have jurisdiction (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations).
If you request a password reset for your deer central account, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
We will retain your personal information for a number of purposes, as necessary to allow us to carry out our business. Your information will be kept for up to 7 years on our main systems after which time it will be archived, deleted or anonymised. Any retention of personal data will be done in compliance with legal and regulatory obligations and with industry standards. These data retention periods are subject to change without further notice as a result of changes to associated law or regulations. If you have any questions in relation to the retention of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the details provided above.
If you leave a comment on our site, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
Under the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 you have the following rights:
- to obtain access to, and copies of, the personal information that we hold about you.
- to require that we stop processing your personal information when you tell us.
- to require us to correct the personal information we hold about you if it is incorrect.
- to require us to erase your personal information.
- to require us to restrict processing in accordance with your instructions.
- to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit your data to another controller.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Please note that these rights may be limited by data protection legislation and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exemptions apply.
Where we use consent as our legal basis for processing your personal information, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal information, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.
You can find out more about your rights under data protection legislation from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.