Viper-Flex® haven’t stopped improving thier design after initial success. Neither have they oursourced thier production to a cheaper part of the world like many. They are developed and manufactured in Denmark and thier Styx Pro are a further improvement of thier Viper-Flex® shooting sticks. The improvements to Viper-Flex® Styx include:
- Single handed operation. A leaver on the side of the shooting stick enables you to open the shooting sticks in front of you with one hand readying your rifle with the other. The leaver can also be moved from one side to the other for left or right handed shooters.
- Both top sections are ‘geared’ to ensure they remain level relative to the angle of the legs. Once opened the lever assists keeping the sticks in the open postion as you grasp it moving and adjusting onto your target. The legs can easily be shortened for sitting and kneeling positions.
- The rubber feet are designed to grip the ground on all surfaces and terraian even at a larger spreading angle.
- The wide rubber rest, more often used at the front has been made wider to enable the tracking of a moving target over a wider area before having to move the sticks.
- The rubber ‘V’ rest that was intended for supporting the rear of the rifle stock is now opened and the rubber covering extended so the sticks can be used back to front if prefered.
- The border on the top rests have been widened so that is is the rubber that makes contact with the legs reducing noise when the sticks are carried.
Viper-Flex® Styx Pro is a strong, lightweight and very stable set of shooting sticks, to be used for prone, sitting, kneeling and standing shooting without buying any extra accessories. (However, we still recommend using Single Leg to support for even better stability). The unique design means that you get solid support for taking your shots, thereby reducing the risk of wounding the quarry.
Use the Viper-Flex® Styx Pro for stalking, and driven hunting, as a support for your binoculars during the hunt or as a single leg or two-legged shooting stick.
Facts about the Viper-Flex® Styx PRO
- Lightweight edition, pipes in full carbon
- Rubberized legs reduce noise and ensures better grip and handling
- Shortest length (when retracted) 110 cm
- Easy and quick to adjust to the desired height
- Can be carried in a rifle case
- Suitable for shooters from 2.10 m tall
- Weight 850g
For even better stability, the purchase of Single Leg Styx PRO is recommended.